As college students, we spend all of November looking forward to Thanksgiving Break, though there is one part of this break that we dread: the millions of questions we’ll receive from family members about our social lives, our majors, our careers, and more. Although we know that people mean well, listening to the same questions over and over again can be exhausting, so here are the ten questions your college kid definitely doesn’t want to hear while eating Thanksgiving dinner this year.
1. How is school going?
2. More importantly, how are your grades?
3. What are your plans for after graduation?
4. Are you seeing anyone?
5. Do you have a job?
6. What do you do on the weekends?
7. What do you cook for yourself?
8. Are you exercising regularly?
9. Are you saving your money?
10. Don’t you just love college?
And there you have it! While I can’t necessarily relate to all these questions, we’ve all heard at least one, if not all of them, at some point in the recent past and will most likely hear them again in the near future. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and good luck dodging all the questions!