This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

There is always that fear of not being good enough or the fear that someone is not seeing you for who you really are; as if they are not giving you the opportunity for you to show them what makes you special.

This happens a countless amount of times in your life, and it starts to eat at you in the worst ways. Your inner thoughts start to create this void between you and your ability to be happy.

You start to overthink everything that has happened in your life and turn it into something negative. It is insane how many recurring situations throughout your life can cause you to feel so broken, that you start to become numb or desensitized to the pain, but still, in some odd way, it hurts worse every single time mentally and even physically.

At this point you start to tear yourself down; you let others that should have no importance in life control your state of mind, and continue to kick you while you’re already down.

Finally, you learn how to cut out toxic friendships that stunted your growth as a person, and, little by little, you are able to pick up the pieces of you that were once shattered.

You see yourself in this new light; you’re smiling more, enjoying life, and making long lasting friendships with people that accept you for who you are and that always push you to be the best that you can be. You are finally starting to realize how much you mean to others and how you leave such a massive impact on their lives.

You are strong Queens and Kings of the world, and you deserve nothing but happiness in the end. Continue to change other people’s lives because you will get so much in return spiritually and mentally.  Remember that you are not made of glass, but are made of something much stronger.

You will only become stronger and more resilient from here on out. 

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.