Volunteers Needed For Breakaway Ministries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Breakaway Ministries, which takes place every Tuesday at 9pm in Reed Arena, is a prominent Bible study on the Texas A&M campus. Any and every student is welcome to take part in worship and dive into the Gospel with speaker Brian McCormack. Thousands gather together and an ordinary Tuesday night turns into one of nearness with the Lord. 

It takes a village to set up for Tuesday nights with Breakaway. Hundreds of volunteers come together in their respective groups to help in a unique way; their purpose could be taking photos, hosting donors, or simply getting students excited as they walk through the doors to Reed Arena. No matter their role, they are all equally important. They are all taking part in a mission to share and show God’s love to the students of Texas A&M.

Applications to become a Breakaway volunteer are open until February 20th, 2024. If you are unsure about if you should apply, I have three words for you: go for it. As a volunteer myself, I can confidently say that these are the types of experiences you’ll never forget.

Ava Popovits is a first year member of Her Campus. As part of the Public Relations Committee, she has the opportunity to write press releases and handle merchandise. She is eager to gain experience in the professional world and work alongside some pretty talented people, all while forming lifelong friendships. Outside of Her Campus at TAMU, Ava is a freshman at Texas A&M studying Communication with the goal of working in Public Relations or Crisis Communication. She is a proud member of the TAMU Swiftie Society where they discuss all things Taylor Swift and her continuous impact on pop culture. In her free time, Ava enjoys listening to music and trying out different dessert recipes. She loves to travel; she has been to four other countries and hopes that the list continues to grow.