This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the views of Her Campus 

The new year means new Spotify playlists, mixes, and discovering new bops. Here’s a list of a few K-pop songs that I’ve been listening to on repeat since the semester started that have been helping me get through! 

1.  Ditto by NewJeans 

The newly debuted girl group NewJeans has been a sensation since their first song “Attention” was released. I recently became a fan of theirs and this song is one that I will have on repeat for hours. The catchy lyrics and melody just put me in a happier mood, especially if it’s rainy or cloudy outside.   

1. Vibe by Taeyang (feat. Jimin of BTS)  

Taeyang is a member of the K-pop veteran group Big Bang and has recently made a comeback with this upbeat and energetic song released earlier this year. Since it has been released, I hav listened to this song at least once a day. I’ve been listening to K-pop for around 10 years so I was over the moon when this song was released. The breathtaking vocals and harmonies that Taeyang and Jimin create have me singing and dancing along whenever I do homework. 

1. PANDORA by MAVE:  

When I first heard this song I had no idea that the band was A.I. generated so I was pleasantly shocked. After listening to it for the first time I realized a few hours later that I was singing the melody of it. The chorus is very catchy and the beat drops make it feel like a song that would be played at a club. While listening to this song I feel like I can tackle my course load or have a little dance party between studying. 

1. Still Life By RM (feat. Anderson Paak) 

As the lyrics state “I’m still life but I’m moving~”, is what every college student feels like at this point of the semester. We don’t exactly feel alive, but we keep going and working hard. This song, with its calm rhythmic beats and clever lyrics that most college students can relate to, is a song I usually listen to in the morning while I’m on the bus as it motivates me to get through another day. 

1. Moving On by BTS 

This song is an oldie but a goodie. While the lyrics have a somber, melancholy feel to them the melody is relaxing and the beats during the rap part make you bop your head. The soft rapping and the harmonization of the vocals create a sense of peace after a long stressful day, which is why I usually listen to this song as I head back home.

Chasey Christenson is a senior member of Her Campus at Texas A&M University. She covers the latest music trends, Korean drama recommendations, and the occasional book reviews. She hopes to raise awareness of topics that she is passionate about while being able to show her creative side. Outside of Her Campus she has worked at the VA office helping students continue their education at Texas A&M. Chasey has had a passion for writing ever since she was young and won the 2016 Great Lakes Anthology Award where she became a published author. She is currently a student at Texas A&M University majoring in psychology with dreams of becoming an Applied Behavior Analysis. In her free time, Chasey enjoys listening to music, reading books, writing short stories, watching Netflix, and going on the occasional walk with her friends. She is passionate about helping others and being a voice for those who go unnoticed or unappreciated.