Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Canva
Life > Experiences

The Best Bucket List of the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

I was recently scrolling through my goodreads account, looking at all the books I read in high school and I came across Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson.  Immediately, I transported back to my high school days, my friend and I giggling over the cheesy lists that we made for each other.  These lists consisted of tasks that either forced us out of our comfort zones or made us appreciate the moment.  We got the inspiration for the lists from, you guessed it, Morgan Matson’s book.  In it, the protagonist needs to complete a fun to-do list that her friend created.  

Now, making a creative, outrageous list for oneself is difficult and not as much as fun having a friend create one.  But if your friend is away for the summer or you need inspiration, I’ve provided a list of ten tasks to complete before the summer is over.  

1. Say hi to a stranger
  2. Spend a night on somebody else’s couch
  3. Win a round of cards
  4. Go on a hot girl walk
  5. Flirt with a friend
  6. Cry in public
  7. Jump into a pool fully clothed
  8. Wear a cute dress out
  9. Check out an art gallery
  10.  Buy flowers for a friend, and yourself!

Come on, carpe diem, live in the movement.  It’s July 15th.  We’re already midway through Summer.  Before we know it, the fall semester will be starting and we’ll be thrown back into the swing of things.  Have some fun this semester and mark off every task on this list.

Howdy! I’m Gabriela Gomez, an avid reader who is interested in all areas of publishing and writing. And reading of course! I’m the Editor-in-Chief; I currently oversee all the publishing of articles for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter. I am overjoyed to read all the members’ articles and make any corrections that will help to elevate the article. I have been with Her Campus at TAMU since my freshman year. The first year I was a general member on the Writing and Editing committee. During that first year, I wrote a total of 23 articles and was always finding new ways to help. For my second year, I worked as the Senior Editor, publishing more than 80 articles and writing 38 articles. Now in my second semester of junior year, I have implemented a new pitch process for better organization and cleanest, I have already published more than 170 articles, and I have written 16 articles and will continue writing more! Besides working as the Editor-in-Chief, I am a dedicated student at Texas A&M studying Biomedical Sciences. I am also obtaining a minor in both English and Spanish. While not studying diligently, I work in a research lab grinding away, trying to get my name on some research papers (fingers crossed). In my free time, I read, obviously. I am also on the hunt for the best latte to ever bless this earth and love a good game of chess!