This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

College Station, Texas, November 11, 2023 – Attention football fans everywhere, search your closets for your bold maroon attire and be ready at 6pm for kickoff of this week’s incredible game. On November 11, the Fightin Texas Aggies will face the ferocious Bulldogs of Mississippi State for the ultimate showdown. It will be a night full of energy, fun, and cheering fans as the community comes together to support the school. However, this game is not just another night at Kyle Field, it is the Military Appreciation game. Every year, Texas A&M athletics partners with Vet Tix to provide complimentary and discounted tickets to military personnel. Vet Tix is an organization that encourages Veterans to stay active in American life and their local events, which promotes mental and physical health. The partnership that Texas A&M has with Vet Tix is a way for the university to give back to the people who have sacrificed so much for the safety and freedoms of our country, and it is happening soon on November 11 of this year. Not only will the game be an electric night with friends and football, the event will also be supporting the courageous men and women who fight for us every single day. 

Marissa Gray is a freshman English major at Texas A&M University, and she dreams of pursuing law school after obtaining an undergraduate degree. She joined Her Campus in Fall of 2023 to foster her passion for writing and make genuine connections with all of the members. Beyond Her Campus, Marissa is involved in a sorority and a member of TAMU Paws that strives to support Aggieland's local animal shelters. In her free time, Marissa enjoys reading, listening to music, and watching various Netflix shows. Usually, you can find her in a library or hidden in the book stacks of Barnes & Nobles.