Culture > News

TAMU PROVIDING A SHUTTLE TO EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS FOR STUDENTS 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

TAMU- COLLEGE STATION, October. 31, 2022 – Texas A&M is providing a shuttle service for students, following the city’s decision to remove the Memorial Student Center (MSC) as an early voting location. The shuttle will run this week until Friday, November 4th. The shuttle schedule is as follows:

Dates Times
Oct. 24 – Oct. 28 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 29 No early voting shuttle
Oct. 30 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Oct. 31 – Nov. 4 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
TAMU Transportation Services (transport.tamu.edu)

“The shuttle will have one stop on Lubbock Street near the Commons and one at City Hall. The shuttle will make three rounds per hour and will service each stop approximately every 20 minutes. The first leave time from campus will be at 9:00 a.m. and the last leave time from City Hall to return to campus will be 7:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted (on the schedule above),” states the TAMU Transportation Services website. 

In an interview with students at the early voting bus stop, students shared that “[t]here’s a lot of people on campus that don’t have transportation, having access to the shuttle service is extremely beneficial.” The student also noted that they “hope people are taking advantage of the shuttle to go and vote especially since students won’t have to worry about where to go or how to get there.”

Another student chimed in and said that “it was frustrating to see the MSC be taken away as an early voting location. Given that we (students) live in College Station the majority of the year, it is important that we are able to have our voices heard.”

TAMU and the City of College Station have announced that they plan to reinstate the MSC an early voting location for the coming years.

“On-campus Election Day voting will take place Tuesday, Nov. 8 in the Memorial Student Center (MSC), Room 2406 (2nd floor) from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. For additional information about voting in Brazos County, visit brazosvotes.org” (Transportation Services).

More information on the TAMU Early Voting Shuttle can be found here: https://transport.tamu.edu/Transit/voting.aspx

Logan is an undergraduate at Texas A&M University with a major in agribusiness, two minors in different fields of economics, and an emphasis in marketing. She loves art and her goal as part of Her Campus is to incorporate her creativity into everything she creates. Logan is passionate about empowering women through her work and leadership. "Work hard, and add some spice to your everyday life!"