Spooky Movies For People Who Can’t Watch Spooky Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

I am not the person who can sit down in watch something suspenseful or horror. The last movie that I watched was in 2018, and it was ‘Halloween,’ and I did not find that extremely scary, but there is as far as I will go.

However, I do love getting into the Halloween/Spooky mood and would like to watch a movie that isn’t scary but has the same feels. So, my friends, I have made a list of movies that can set the mood.

Scooby-doo: the movie

Hear me out, my love for Scooby-doo has only grown throughout the years, and let’s face it, this is the only choice that should be available when looking at this franchise. You can find this movie and more on HBO Max, and I have been making all of my friends watch it with me.

It also has the spooky portion on this island, which fits the movie category I am currently going for. If you watch this, make sure you pay attention to all the adult jokes made because they definitely flew over my head.

All the Harry Potter movies

Not much the say, but the entire vibe of Harry Potter gives off Halloween. Also, his life is basically a horror movie. This is also a good series to binge and pretend like it is a rainy day and wrap yourself up in blankets. These movies are also on HBO Max at the moment, for anyone who has been looking for them.

scary Godmother: halloween spectacular

The child in me remembers this movie so vividly that I have formed an emotional attachment with it. Scary Godmother is literally a children’s movie, so hopefully, it is not spooky. But you can also tell that it came out in 2003. I think that the only spooky part of this now is the animation. I hope that all of you can enjoy this as much as I did when I was little.

The nightmare before Christmas

A given movie, but any to Tim Burton’s works could be bridged during the spooky season or even year-round. To be honest, Corpse Bride is far superior and should be on your watch list along with Spooky Godmother.

This movie is a classic and a given for spooky movies that aren’t spooky.

I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween, whether you stay in or go out. I, personally, watch “spooky” movies all year round, and there are so many that you could add to this list. But these are some personal favorites that I have shared with friends and can binge all night long.

I witch you a Happy Halloween!

I'm Gabby - Events Director of Her Campus TAMU. I'm part of the class of 2023, majoring in Telecommunication Media Studies (with a minor in Film). I am dreaming of traveling the world, making movies, and reading books.