Entertainment

Rock n Roll: the genre that will never die

The other day I was talking to my friend when they said something that completely blew my mind. They had never listened to classic rock. I responded with, “well, you at least know who the Beatles are, right?” To which they responded with, “I have never listened to them.” Growing up in a household obsessed with music,  I got started on the classics such as Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and even Pink Floyd at a very young age. As I grew older, I still enjoyed listening to the “old music” in my free time. My parents were fortunate enough to see many of these artists live. And I find myself being more jealous about that every time I listen to my playlist. So here are 10 songs that everyone should listen to, at least once in their life.

Mary Jane’s Last Dance – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Home Sweet Home – Motley Crue
Purple Haze – Jimi Hendrix
Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
Dream On – Aerosmith
Simple Man – Lynyrd Skynyrd
Purple Rain – Prince
Live And Let Die – Guns N’ Roses
With or Without You – U2
Come Together – The Beatles

While I could list entire albums from artists such as The Rolling Stones and David Bowie, these are just a few songs that I feel everyone should know. So, next time you’re at the gym, driving around, or just sitting at home, turn one of these on. I promise you will not regret it, and if you feel like listening to more songs like these, check out my Spotify playlist! https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1pB0oJlabqqjMFYfxfhwZo?si=xQpZuGPCQVyn…

Houston, Texas music enthusiast