This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Asking for help is okay. Asking for help does not make you weak. You are one person and one person can only achieve so much in one day. Set realistic expectations for yourself. 

You are allowed to change. Your priorities, passions, style, and sense of self can change. You can decide that something in your life is no longer serving you, and you can change it. You don’t have to be the same person that you used to be.

The people who love you will understand. If they really love you, they will understand if your energy changes. We all go through phases. It is okay to let yourself feel your emotions and you deserve a safe space to openly share them. 

Prioritize self-care. While a face mask, movie night, or bubble bath all sound amazing, self care for me lately has looked like making sure that I eat three meals a day and that I am getting adequate sleep. While these are very basic things, I am working hard to focus on things that I can control, and making sure that my body is fueled is extremely important. 

Your best is enough. Some days, doing your best can simply mean getting out of bed. Give yourself more grace.

Howdy! I'm a junior psychology major at Texas A&M (WHOOP!) from Dripping Springs, Texas! I have a passion for reading, writing, Kenya, traveling, mental health, and coffee!