This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you don’t know who Remi Wolf is, prepare to have your world rocked. She is a first-rate singer/songwriter based in LA, and one of my all-time favorite artists. (I’m fairly certain she’s going to be my Top Artist on Spotify this year.) I’m seeing her in concert soon on her Gwingle Gwongle Tour, and I’m so excited to hear her perform live! If you’re looking for music recommendations, these are a few of my favorite Remi songs.

Disco Man

“Disco Man” is Remi’s second most popular song, and it’s fantastic. It’s the perfect song for when you’re crushing really hard on someone and you need to sing it out while dancing around your room. Remi’s songs frequently fall under the “bedroom pop” umbrella (think Maude Latour, Orion Sun, or Blue DeTiger) and this track is no exception. It’s nostalgic, with alternating doses of breathy vocals and belted choruses. 

Buzz Me In

I listen to “Buzz Me In” religiously on my way to class. It’s one of those happy-strut songs that makes you want to skip and model walk at the same time. My brother describes it as a “target commercial soundtrack” and… honestly, he’s not wrong. It’s an instant serotonin boost, which probably explains why I listen to it every morning. 

Liz

I LOVE this track. The vocals remind me of early Amy Whinehouse, but overall it feels more like a hip hop/pop combo than R&B or soul. “Liz” feels very raw and organic, especially given that it’s one of few songs where Remi is open about her bisexual sexuality. 

Quiet On Set

If I have a Remi song for every aspect of my life (and I do), this song is my ‘get my life together while applying lip gloss’ anthem. The underlying beat for this song is electric, funky, and truly addictive. “Quiet on Set” also has absolutely fantastic lyrics and a really unique outro.

Take a listen to a few of these songs, and hopefully you’ll be a Remi fan too!

Sabrina is an undergraduate student at Texas A&M University majoring in Applied Mathematical Sciences with an emphasis in economics. She is an avid reader and painter, and is passionate about helping the underprivileged. When she's not in class, she enjoys drinking coffee, buying plants, and cultivating her Spotify playlists.