Ranking Phase 1 Marvel Movies From Best to Worse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Disclaimer: This list was taken from Gamesradar, which is why The Incredible Hulk is a part of this list.

Phase 1:

1. Iron Man (2008)
  2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
  4. Thor (2011)
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  6. The Avengers (2012)

Gabby’s list

1. Iron Man 2 
    • The action of the movie *chefs kiss* and introduces Natasha Romanoff. This movie has not only given us content but heals my soul with the relationship of Tony and Pepper. This movie sets up Tony for character development, especially for Iron Man 3 and Endgame. I also can’t forget to mention J.A.R.V.I.S. for the king that he is. 
  2. The Avengers 
    • This movie could have given us so much more, but I will appreciate it for what it is. The Avengers is definitely a comfort movie to me, especially seeing how they grow throughout all of the movies. 
  3. Captain America: The First Avenger 
    • The biggest love for Steve and Bucky, but this movie has Captain American framed as a child while going off to battle before leaving him in the 21st century. This movie has the build-up of build-ups. Yet, it feels like the sliver of resolution does nothing for the characters, which -I guess- is fitting seeing what they did in Endgame.
  4. Thor 
    • I don’t 100% love or hate this movie, but Thor’s eyebrows are the only thing that I can really focus on whenever he is on screen. Sorry, not sorry.
  5. Iron Man
    • The only part of this movie that I completely remember is when he is hiding in a fake housing city and gets into a fridge. I love Tony Stark but in this particular movie, I cringe each time he talks. 
  6. The Incredible Hulk 
    • This one is not listed on DisneyPlus+, but I remember seeing it in theaters and was not impressed. I think the storyline of the Hulk is sort of wonky, but no disrespect to Mark Ruffalo because he is doing great with what he was given.
I'm Gabby - Events Director of Her Campus TAMU. I'm part of the class of 2023, majoring in Telecommunication Media Studies (with a minor in Film). I am dreaming of traveling the world, making movies, and reading books.