This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

College Station, TX: The Delta Epsilon Mu Lambda Chapter announced their 3rd Annual Drive-In movie night event to support Camp Kesem as part of their Philanthropy. The Pre-Health Co-Ed Fraternity started the Drive-in in 2018 to give back to Camp Kesem, a summer camp for children impacted by parents living with cancer. The DEM Drive-in Movie Night will play a double feature that includes Shrek and Grease. The event begins at 8PM on Friday, March 27th, at the Fan Field Lot. Single tickets are $10, and partner tickets are $15.

Since its first year as a chapter for Texas A&M in 2012, the fraternity has committed to advocating health care in the community. The official DEM website states: “Delta Epsilon Mu was initiated with the goal of uniting students interested in entering various health professions…A large part of the fraternity’s interests were focused on serving the community by uniting people of different age groups, ethnicities, religions, and ideologies under the common interest of health.”

The movie ticket proceeds will go towards Camp Kesem. The camp is filled with activities for children, and these are free to families that attend. Members of DEM state: “With over 5 million children impacted by a parent’s cancer, the need is there to support this cause, and help these children have time where they can just be kids.” Their goal is to raise $10,000 to donate to Camp Kesem.

About Delta Epsilon Mu, Lambda Chapter: DEM is a Professional Pre-Health Coed Fraternity that serves the community by advocating for health education and care. Founded in 1996, Texas A&M’s Lambda Chapter actively participates in service activities, outreach programs, and fundraisers. DEM’S 3rd Annual Movie Night will be held March 27th at 8PM at the Fan Field Lot. Tickets can be purchased at the door or through the website’s link: https://www.demtamu.com/drive-in.