Meet Jake Symington, ’17!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Meet campus cutie, Jake Symington! He is a 20-year-old sophomore who hails from Lake Jackson, Texas and is currently studying Computer Science. Yes, ladies, this handsome fellow has both beauty and brains!

Her Campus TAMU: I’m sure you had the pick of the lot when it came to colleges, so why did you choose Texas A&M?

Jake Symington: Well, both of my parents went to A&M, so I was basically raised an Aggie. Even with that, I chose A&M because it is a very good school with rich tradition.

HC: Now, an important question that all the ladies want answered: what does your ideal girl consist of?

JS: My ideal girl is smart, caring, has a sense of humor, is down to Earth, likes sports and is nerdy enough to like Star Wars.

HC: What is your favorite…

JS:  Color: Blue

Song: “Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd

Movie: Star Wars

Sports Team: The Houston Rockets, Astros, and Texans (A real loyal Houston fan here!)

HC: What is the top item on your bucket list?

JS: Visiting Western Europe is definitely on top.           

HC: If you could go back in time and witness any event in history, which one would you choose?

JS: The Last Supper

HC: What would you consider the three most important things in your life right now?

JS: My family, school, and friends.

HC: They say you can tell a lot about a person just from their musical tastes, so tell us what kind of music you like.

JS: I like 90s alternative rock, hip-hop, and indie.

HC: Do you have any guilty pleasures?

JS: Yeah, singing loudly along with the radio

HC: What is something you do without realizing it?

JS: I tend to smack when I’m eating chewy foods (We had a little help from his friends on this one!)

HC: Who is someone you would like to be for a day, and why?

JS: Tom Brady. He has the looks, the money, the girl and plays football for a living!

HC: If you could live in any TV show, which would you choose?

JS: I would like to live in The Office because every day at work would be entertaining!

HC: What is the happiest moment in your life?

JS: When I hit my first home run.

HC: And finally, who are your female and male celebrity crushes?

JS: Oh, definitely Julianne Hough and Jake Gyllenhaal. (Good choices there!)

Victoria is a senior at Texas A&M University studying Bioenvironmental Sciences. She is a Chapter Advisor for HC National as well as a Contributing Writer for HC TAMU. She is also a Projects Coordinator with AGEISS Inc. Following graduation in December 2016, she will begin work in the environmental sector.