Meet Alexis Emmou!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Meet Alexis Emmou! She is a loud and proud Aggie. Alexis was recently chosen to represent Texas A&M in the Victoria Secret’s PINK collegiate-wear photo shoot. And she ROCKED it. Way to go, girl!

HC: How did you get involved with PINK’s collegiate campaign?

AE: I am a campus representative for PINK, myself and 200 other girls from across the nation were emailed by a coordinator for PINK to submit a picture and 10 of us were chosen to be flown to the VS PINK Headquarters in Ohio to do a photo shoot at Ohio State University! I received the phone call that I had been chosen in May and was beyond thrilled! I am honored to represent the best university in this nation and one of my favorite brands! 

HC: Why did you choose to go to A&M?

AE: I chose A&M because of the atmosphere. People here are genuinely nice. When I visited here, I felt more at home than I did at other universities. We are truly an Aggie family!  

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being an Aggie?

AE: My favorite thing about being an Aggie is all the traditions you get to be a part of, from midnight yell to finally being able to “WHOOP” to getting your aggie ring and everything in between! Plus, $4.00 movie tickets. Hello student discount! LOL.

HC: What’s your favorite place to buy your Aggie apparel?

AE: Victoria’s Secret PINK of course. I may be biased but they definitely have some of the cutest apparel in town. 

HC: What’s your major and what do you hope to do with it?

AE: I am a Communications major, English minor! I want to either live in New York or London and pursue Fashion Public Relations and Event Planning. My dream job would be to be a publicist for KCD PR! 

HC: What’s the weirdest fact about you?

AE: I am terrified of the dark! I MUST sleep with either my night light on, or have my tv on. I think it’s weird I have this fear and I’m nearly 20. 

Erum Salam is a student at Texas A&M and an aspiring writer and producer. Her vast experience in television, radio, and print has prepared her for the rapidly converging career path she wants to pursue. She aims to write and produce content that will educate and entertain a global audience. She believes Her Campus offers young women a platform to vocalize their thoughts on contemporary issues facing us today, while also providing hilarious content in the form of listicles, blog posts, or quizzes that surely resonates with the female millennial demographic.