This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

The leaves have begun to fall and Starbucks has the pumpkin spice latte rolled out.  You know what that means… it’s pumpkin season!  Here are ten peak fall things to do to get you in the mood:

1. Order a Pumpkin Spice Latte

First, and most important: order that Pumpkin Spice Latte.   You deserve it.  And it’s the only way to kick the season off right. ;)

1. Bake a Pumpkin Pie

The best thing to eat during fall is a slice of pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream.  So buy those ingredients and start baking.  And for those of you that don’t have the time or the skill, treat yourself to a pumpkin pie from the store.  It’s not quite the same, but it’ll do. 

1. Decorate the Space

It’s time to buy those decorations.  Decorate to your heart’s content with tiny pumpkins and splashes of halloween.  After all, it is the season!

1. Bundle up in those Layers

Now for some of us, it’s a bit too hot to start breaking out the winter coats… but at the very least, start unpacking the fall gear.  It can’t hurt to have it ready for when the weather starts to turn.

1. Wear those Muted Colors

It’s never too early to wear fall colors, even if it is hot outside.  And if you don’t have adequate attire, I give you permission to buy some.  Go ham and shop!

1. Eat some GingerBread Cookies

Gingerbread cookies slathered in icing are an approved fall addiction.  Bake them, buy them, steal them, do whatever you need to do to get your hands on these treats.  I promise you, you won’t regret it.

1. Cook up the Kettle Corn

Kettle Corn is just too good to pass up on.  So heat that pan, add the corn kernels and the sugar, and start watching the kernels pop.  It smells heavenly if done right.

1. Buy that Candy Corn

This snack just screams fall to me.  So pick up a bag of candy corn next time you hit up the grocery store.  It’s fantastic when mixed in with the kettle corn.

1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch

The pumpkins are ripe for the picking.  So visit your local pumpkin pack and find the pick of the season.  This baby will spice up your place for weeks to come.

1. Watch some Gilmore Girls

Last but not least, watch some Gilmore Girls.  This show is peak fall vibes.  So snuggle up in some blankets, start eating those gingerbread cookies and that kettle corn mixture, and get ready to bench watch all seven seasons.  It’s Netflix time.  

Howdy! I’m Gabriela Gomez, an avid reader who is interested in all areas of publishing and writing. And reading of course! I’m the Editor-in-Chief; I currently oversee all the publishing of articles for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter. I am overjoyed to read all the members’ articles and make any corrections that will help to elevate the article. I have been with Her Campus at TAMU since my freshman year. The first year I was a general member on the Writing and Editing committee. During that first year, I wrote a total of 23 articles and was always finding new ways to help. For my second year, I worked as the Senior Editor, publishing more than 80 articles and writing 38 articles. Now in my second semester of junior year, I have implemented a new pitch process for better organization and cleanest, I have already published more than 170 articles, and I have written 16 articles and will continue writing more! Besides working as the Editor-in-Chief, I am a dedicated student at Texas A&M studying Biomedical Sciences. I am also obtaining a minor in both English and Spanish. While not studying diligently, I work in a research lab grinding away, trying to get my name on some research papers (fingers crossed). In my free time, I read, obviously. I am also on the hunt for the best latte to ever bless this earth and love a good game of chess!