This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you’re like me, you have already begun to think about what life may look like after graduation. As a graduating senior, it’s scary to think about stepping into the real world for the first time. Thankfully, Texas A&M has a beneficial program aimed specifically at sending Aggies to Washington D.C. and around the world to observe public policy and be a part of something bigger than themselves in a variety of different hosting offices.

The Public Policy Internship Program at Texas A&M was initiated in 1999 with the goal of giving Aggies a full-time, professional setting that is outside of the classroom but also affects change in policy. The application process is extensive and different locations have different deadlines. You are also required to provide two letters of recommendation for the program, and in my experience, it’s better to get started on your application early. After submitting all of your application materials, the PPIP staff will contact you for your interview and quiz you on what you know about current events in your area.

The best part of the Washington D.C. program is that housing is paid for. This makes the program ideal for those that would like to move to the D.C. but cannot afford the rent. The only expenses that you are responsible for in the program are flights, transportation, and food.

Programs like the Public Policy Internship Program are what make the Texas A&M alumni network so helpful. It is incredibly important to make those connections after gradation and moving towards your dream career.

Howdy! I am a Senior Communication major currently minoring in Business. I am passionate about art, design, and I'd love to work in creative media. Gig em!