This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Something I’ve always had trouble with was procrastination. It was difficult trying to find the motivation to do something, especially with anything related to school. I discovered new ways thats helped me get my school work done in a timely manner along with simple day-to-day tasks.

Here are some tips that haVE helped me overcome laziness:
sET GOALS

Set clear, specific, and achievable goals for yourself. This motivates you take action.

Break tasks into smaller steps

Large or overwhelming tasks can be a source of procrastination. Break them down into smaller, more manageable steps.

Create a plan

Create a plan or schedule for completing tasks, and stick to it. This will help you stay on track and focused.

EliminATE DISTRACTIONS

Identify and eliminate any distractions that may be preventing you from getting started or staying focused. For example, turn off your phone or find a quiet study space.

Find motivation

Find ways to motivate yourself, such as setting rewards for completing tasks or reminding yourself of the benefit of completing a task.

Start small

Start with small, easy tasks to build momentum and develop a sense of accomplishment.

Change your mindset

Try to shift your mindset from one of laziness to one of productivity. Focus on the benefits of taking action and the negative consequences of inaction.

Surround yourself with positive influences

Surround yourself with people who motivate and inspire you, and who support your goals.

Remember

It’s important to be patient and persistent in your efforts to overcome laziness. It may take time to develop new habits and ways of thinking, but with practice and determination, you can break the cycle of laziness and achieve your goals.

Howdy, I'm a senior English major at Texas A&M University. I'm a huge book lover and a movie fanatic. I'm here to share many stories with y'all.