This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Music festivals are some of the most incredible experiences you could have in your young adult life.  You’re cute, you don’t have too many responsibilities, and you have the free spirit that people in their 30s lack.

It adds up to be the perfect combination you need to have the time of your life at a festival.

I’ve got a few tips to help you prepare for any upcoming music festivals you have in honor of Austin City Limits currently happening

First, you have to find the perfect outfit, whether it be old, new or borrowed.

Next, you have to make travel plans. See if people from your school are going, check with friends of friends, or see if anyone on social media is carpooling. Be safe, and make sure you’re traveling with people you trust!

Before you leave, DO NOT FORGET YOUR TICKETS!!!!!

Make sure to check the venues policy on bags, food, and how many times you are allowed to re-enter.

While you are there, YOU BETTER DRINK WATER!!!

Also, be aware of your surroundings. Know your limits, stay with your group and don’t take things from strangers!

And, to be very cheesy, the most important thing to remember is HAVE FUN!!

Howdy! I am a Senior International Studies major on the Politics & Diplomacy track with a minor in Spanish. I write articles for readers to learn (and laugh) from my experiences, but also to connect with other college women at Texas A&M. I love to travel, write, paint, and spend time with friends!