How To Fake It ‘Til You Make It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

We are finally approaching midterms and if you look closely at any room full of college students, you’re surely to find someone about to lose their sh**. You have to admit, you wouldn’t be able to count the times you’ve been able to relate. So, what do you do? Well, wasn’t there a quote by a brilliant, nobel-prize winning author who said “fake it ‘til you make it”?

Clean the drawer. You know… THE drawer; that one drawer everyone has overflowing with things that you don’t really need, or can’t remember the last time you used but that’s just there for security. It’s time to let go.

Take your vitamins. We’re pretty sure they work so it can’t hurt to get yourself into a routine. Apparently Omega-3 is good for the brain and Biotin makes your hair and nails strong! We all know we could use some of that.

Make a fun night of grocery shopping and cooking with your friends. You could even get a little crazy and meal prep some containers for the school week. It’ll definitely stop you from reaching for that bag of microwave popcorn as dinner. (Don’t deny it).

Make a to-do list. Spend 45 minutes planning everything you want to do while avoiding responsibility. Even if they never get done, so what? At least it’s on a list.

Or, just do what everyone else does. Decide on an Instagram theme and get someone to take pictures of every cute and exciting thing you do. #fakeittilyoumakeit