This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

It is that one time of year where we watch movies with pumpkins, ghouls, and scary occurrences all month long.

The classic movies are being shown everywhere. The smell of pumpkin flavored food and fall Bath & Body Works candles are running through all the houses. The fall décor is getting everyone in the mood, with the mini pumpkins placed in every room. The pumpkin carvings, corn mazes, and haunted houses can get you ready for the season. But what else is there for that time when you just want to unwind?

Every streaming site has put all of their favorites together. With all the different sites, which one do you pick? From family friendly to giving you nightmares for 10+ years, there are so many new and old. You don’t want to watch the same type every night, so here’s a list for every occasion.

GIRLS NIGHT

Get the girls together for that weekend fun or after your study sesh. Bake some Halloween cookies, grab your snuggly blankets, and watch these with your besties.

1. Halloweentown
  2. The Babysitter
  3. Scream
  4. Fear Street
  5. Insidious
  6. Scary Movie
  7. Hush
  8. Constantine
  9. Twilight
  10. Nope

DATE NIGHT

These movies might just give you the perfect excuse to snuggle up with your S.O. The adrenaline rush will make you guys come closer than ever and break that barrier. Here’s also a few for the ones that would like some not so scary scenes. Use this list for your fun next date.

1. La Llorona
  2. Us
  3. The Shining
  4. Hereditary
  5. Orphan
  6. Beetlejuice
  7. Fantasy Island
  8. Doctor Sleep
  9. MA
  10. The Nun

Family Night

We love sitting around with family and the kiddos. This list will definitely get everyone excited for the season, and we even have a few to just get everyone a bit petrified for all Hallows Eve.

1. The Curse of Bridge Hollow
  2. Casper
  3. Hotel Transylvania
  4. Sabrina the Teenage Witch
  5. Hocus Pocus
  6. Coraline
  7. Twitches
  8. Haunted Mansion
  9. Final Destination
  10. IT
  11. Harry Potter RIP Robbie Coltrane :(

These are a few of our favorites! There are so many for every type of viewer. So if you just need something to lighten the mood, get everyone in the spirit, or just you want a bit of a scare before going to sleep, these are just for you! Happy Halloween and we can’t wait for new movies to be added to the list this season.

Hareem is here to take on Texas A&M University with her bubbly personality and tenacious drive. When she's not busy during graduate school, she is catching up on all the latest fashion, binging her favorite shows, or planning her next adventure! Catch her next story!