This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

November 10, 2022.

This is an annual event that is a collaboration between the Asian Presidents Council (APC), Hispanic President’s Council (HPC), and the Black Student Alliance Council (BSAC.) It happened this past Thursday, November 10th at 6:00 pm! 

Sponsored by The Association of Former Students and administered by Multicultural Services of A&M’s Division of Student Affairs, this event offers a wide array of represented cultures, organizations, and performances from countries around the world. A&M students are free to attend this event and get some exposure to different cultures by way of multicultural organizations.

“Fusion Fiesta is an integral event on campus that brings together different student populations to celebrate diversity and highlight the various cultures at A&M,” said Cecilia Castillo, advisor of the Fusion Fiesta committee. “It is an event where students are not only able to embrace who they are but learn from one another!”

This event is coordinated by students of different cultural backgrounds that find unique ways to introduce different aspects of their culture. For this year’s fusion fiesta, there are a total of 30 organizations participating! And there will be 9 performances during the duration of the program! The performers this year include Aggieland Mariachi, Anindeeta Ushashi, The Voices of Praise, TASA Diablo Team, Salsa Fusion, Marron Prestige, Royal Aces, VSA Cultural Fan Dance, and BFC. In addition, there will be different cultural food served at this event as another way for guests to interact with different cultures.

Historically, Fusion Fiesta has been a highly anticipated event because of its promotion of multicultural inclusion. Last year, the event had a successful turnout of hundreds of students who got to learn more about the cultural backgrounds that make up A&M’s student body. This is a celebratory event that made students who were unaware of some of the opportunities and culturally-based organizations offered at A&M get exposure to just how vast organizational life at A&M is.

A Texas A&M Alumni with a Bachelor of Arts in English,