Life > Experiences

For Every College Student Out There, You Need to Hear This

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

I think you can agree with me when I say that life goes a little too fast sometimes. For a college student like myself, we tend to get so caught up in the endless cycle of coursework and studying, along with extracurricular activities that we somehow make the time for. School takes a huge chunk of our time, and I don’t mean just weekly, but yearly as well.

Before coming to college, many people mentioned that the majority of my time here would be used on studying. I never realized how right they were until the first week of my freshman year. You will never hear of one college student being delighted to receive assignments. You will, however, hear them complain, which is pretty common at most universities out there.

Although college is a place where one goes to receive higher education in order to have a good-paying job, it’s also a place to try new things and let loose. There are many students out there that completely immerse themselves in a sea of textbooks or work hours on end on their laptops, and for what? Most of the time, all that hard work they’ve slaved over was just for one assignment.

college parties?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
NETFLIX

College is the time to make mistakes and have fun. It’s the chance to let go of what’s holding you back from embracing this new world surrounding you. Take this opportunity to go meet new people or go out with your friends. Go get lost somewhere or stay out until the early hours of the morning. Those are the memories that will stay with you the longest. You don’t want to look back and regret not exploring random places and experiencing new things beyond school. We are young adults that have no idea what to do with our lives, but one thing we can do while we’re here is learn to be free.

Howdy, I'm a senior English major at Texas A&M University. I'm a huge book lover and a movie fanatic. I'm here to share many stories with y'all.