This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

College is fun, until you have to find a job.

Now that it’s the towards the end of the semester of my final year in college, I’m discovering that preparing to leave college can be stressful. I’m the type of person where significant moments in my life don’t “hit me” until I am in that exact moment, like graduation for example. All semester I’ve been asked how I feel about almost being done with college, or if I have any plans after college. Of course it’s an exciting time, but it gets annoying after some point of being asked the same question over and over again. I know graduating is suppose to be an exciting time for me, but what has me anxious is the uncertainty of my future.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad to finally finish my studies and move on to this next stage of my life, but I’ll be lying if I said I won’t miss Texas A&M University. Now that I only have a little less than a month left of school, I find myself thinking back about everything I should’ve done earlier at the start of the semester. Despite the amount of times I’ve been told from my school’s Career Center to start searching for jobs early, I didn’t. And by the time I actually started looking for a job, I felt behind and I’m annoyed at myself for not taking it as seriously as I should’ve.

At the beginning of the semester, I browsed through the Career Center’s website – which is available for all Texas A&M students – and realized there are many more resources and help available for us than I originally thought. There are numerous pages that help you discover what jobs you can get with your major, what to put on your resume for your specific major, how to connect with fellow Aggies through the Aggie Network, etc. I spent endless hours scrolling through the website, absorbing all the information that could help in any way when it came to searching for a job.

LinkedIn was my next approach. I created an account and was pulled into this world of bottomless job opportunities. From what I’ve navigated so far on the website, I can see that they tried to make it as easy as possible for people to search for a job. You’re asked to answer short questions that can connect you to your particular field of study and from there, you’re given countless lists of companies that are hiring. For anyone who’s currently looking for a job, or will in the future, I suggest checking out LinkedIn if you haven’t found what you’re seeking for somewhere else.

It’s times like now where I regret not searching for jobs earlier. Everyone has their own experience when it comes to maneuvering what life will become after graduation. I’m hoping whoever reads this learns the valuable lesson of it’s never too early to look for a job. It’s probably better to do it sooner, rather than later.

Howdy, I'm a senior English major at Texas A&M University. I'm a huge book lover and a movie fanatic. I'm here to share many stories with y'all.