This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Finals are here and most of us are trying to keep up with exams and studying. When I have to pull an all-nighter to study for an exam, I tend to find these simple ways efficient.

pLAN YOUR STUDY Sessions

Create a schedule for your study sessions and keep up with it. Plan to study at a time when you are typically most alert and productive.

Find a quiet study space

Pick a quiet study space free from distractions. For example, turn off your phone or find a study space away from roommates or family members.

Take breaks

Taking short breaks during your study sessions will help you stay focused and avoid burnout. Use your breaks to grab a quick snack, play a song, move around, or stretch.

Manage your lighting

Use appropriate lighting to avoid straining your eyes. Dim the lights, either in your room or on your device, or use desk lamps to reduce eye strain.

Avoid caffeine and heavy meals

Avoid consuming caffeine and heavy meals close to bedtime as it disrupts sleep.

Stay hydrated

Drink plenty of water throughout your study sessions to help you stay focused and alert.

Use a study timer

Use a timer to help you stay on track and avoid getting lost in your studies.

review your material

Review your material before you go to bed. This can help reinforce the material in your memory.

Howdy, I'm a senior English major at Texas A&M University. I'm a huge book lover and a movie fanatic. I'm here to share many stories with y'all.