This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

**euphoria season 2 finale spoilers**

Remember in elementary school, when our assignment would be to write and address a letter to someone who has impacted you? Your hero, even? I remember feeling as if I was talking directly to the person of my choosing, and I let my thoughts flow, despite the pencil smudges, knowing the letter would never be sent and would probably never be read by anyone else other than my 4th-grade teacher. Even though I am still aware that Sam, the amazing, creative genius that he is, will never read this, at least now, typing on a computer won’t leave smudges. And I am thankfully no longer in the 4th grade. So, here goes nothing. Here is what I would say to Sam if I got the chance.

Dear Sam Levinson,

How can you give us so much, yet nothing at all? Where are our answers to the fifty plots that happened this season? Why do you build up our attachments to these characters just to make us wait years for another season? Don’t get me wrong. I understand that the time, talent, energy, and creativity on the set of Euphoria is probably overwhelming, and I know perfection isn’t made overnight. I also know you are aware of the emotional roller coaster you put all of your viewers through.

On another note, I thought the finale was beautiful. I think the way that you and the cast perfectly execute so many intense emotions and difficult situations, making the audience collectively love or hate a character, is astounding. I think it’s important to remember that what you are portraying is extremely sensitive. And it is not meant to give the audience the happy ending that we grew up getting.

Elliot’s song was beautiful. While viewers may be disappointed as the song is lengthy, I think it was the most beautiful part of the episode. The song was a perfect example of, “If you love someone, let them go.” Despite his selfish wishes of wanting to keep Rue in his life, Elliot chose to save her life, which she was grateful for in the end. Did this make me forget the lying and cheating? For a minute, yes. When is that going to come out, Sam? We are waiting!

Something that I take from the show is that -in their own way- each character is addicted to something. With the heartbreaking loss of a character we all loved, it was clear that his “addiction” in the end was his family, coinciding with a fear of losing the only family he’s ever known. In addition to this, he grew up surrounded by violence, so it makes sense that he chose violence to protect his family. While our beloved character didn’t get his happy ending, he died with family, which is a beautiful, heartbreaking, heartbreakingly beautiful way to go. Do I wish this never happened? Absolutely. Was I screaming and crying at the same time? Definitely. Despite the hurt, though, and you, Sam, knowing that this would destroy the fans of Euphoria, choosing to let us hurt, ultimately, you allowed us to feel. Your finale put the audience through intense emotions, as that is what it means to be human. Remember the feeling, right?

I know I will. Until season 3…

Camryn

Howdy! I'm a junior psychology major at Texas A&M (WHOOP!) from Dripping Springs, Texas! I have a passion for reading, writing, Kenya, traveling, mental health, and coffee!