This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

As we loom closer and closer to spring, my music taste has slowly been thawing out of that winter weather. I’ve found myself listening to more chill, upbeat songs than the usual melancholy songs of winter. While I know some of you may still be dealing with below 50 degree weather, I hope these songs can help give a glimpse of what’s to come. I’ve chosen a couple of my favorites that make me feel in tune with everything that spring encompasses.

heaven by Niall Horan

It has been almost three years since Niall has dropped a new album, and many of his fans, with myself included, have been patiently waiting for a new release. “Heaven”, his newest single, does not disappoint in the slightest. The vibe is perfect for sitting in a hammock and relishing the sun peeking through the clouds.

Davy Crochet by the backseat lovers

Doing some spring cleaning? Don’t forget to add this fun song to the playlist! Just a warning though. You might have to give yourself a dance break, but who doesn’t love a good solo dance party?

What Once Was by her’s

Taking advantage of this spring weather means going on those hot girl walks. “What Once Was” is an essential track to get those feet moving and sets the ideal mood to appreciate the scenery around you.

the shining by the neighbourhood

Springtime allergies got you down? Let this song put you in that feel good spring feeling. You’ll be glowing in that spring weather in no time!

feels like by Gracie Abrams

If I could describe this song in one word, it would be ethereal. It’s just the right vibe to roll down the windows in a car with. Enjoy those spring sights with this song to get that light, airy feeling!

Paris by taylor swift

Anyone who knows me personally knows I could not miss the opportunity to add a Taylor Swift song. She has a song for every mood and season, and Paris perfectly encapsulates that spring feeling!

tangerine by glass animals

In the event that spring weather is feeling a little too humid, “Tangerine” should relieve that sticky feeling or at least help forget about it for 3 minutes and 20 seconds. Have that spring picnic and don’t forget to bring tangerines to share with your friends!

late night talking by harry styles

This song is best listened to with your besties on a late night drive or when you’re enjoying that spring night weather! The beat instantly puts you in that feel good mood, and you won’t be able to get this song off your mind.

Emily Velez is a member of the Writing and Editing Committee at the Her Campus at TAMU chapter. She writes about her experiences and anything that is on her mind. She tends to lean towards topics that discuss Texas A&M or being a college student, but you will also find articles that deal with entertainment. Emily makes several references in her articles to other things going on in her life, but she often references Taylor Swift or a lyric to her latest favorite song. Emily is a sophomore at Texas A&M, majoring in English with a minor in Professional Writing. She is in a women's organization and tries to be as involved on campus as she can be. Her plans for the future are to either become a technical writer, copywriter, or publisher. However, Emily wants to keep her doors open to any opportunities that arise. In her free time, Emily loves to read, write, and crochet. She recently completed a tote bag and has started on a new journey of trying amigurumi. She loves listening to Taylor Swift, and she knows many of her songs by heart. She also adores anything related to Snoopy, so you will often find her with some sort of Snoopy merchandise.