8 Reasons Your Parents Are the Best Valentines You’ll Ever Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

1. They’re the only people who fell unconditionally in love with you from the moment you took your first breath.

Who were the first humans to ever look deep into your eyes and say, “I love you?” Your parents, of course. Valentine’s Day is all about love, so what better kind of love to celebrate than absolute love?

2. They’re the only people that will love you no matter how many times you screw up.

The amount of mistakes you’ve made in your life are countless, and you’re going to make an infinite amount more. There may be times when you make your parents exceptionally mad and they have no words for you. Even when they can’t look at you, they still love you. Seriously, there is no way to shake them.

3. Their love for you is so incredibly unwavering that they will protect you until their dying day.

Have you ever seen Taken? Well, that’s how I see all parents of the world. They would literally bulldoze over anyone with less than decent intentions for you. Boy breaks your heart? Dead. Some guy on the street catcalls you? Dead. ISIS takes you captive? Dead. Oh, so dead that the world would be rid of all terrorists. Bless the poor souls who ever push my parents past the point of no return.

4. They really mean it when they say that you’re the most beautiful girl that has ever walked the face of this Earth.

Your parents are in awe that they made such a good-looking kid. They’ve never laid eyes on anything more beautiful. From the depths of your soul to the dimples on your cheeks, your parents are enamored with their beautiful daughter.

5. No matter what you do or where you go, your parents will think of you everyday for the rest of time.

6:03 p.m.- “I wonder how my daughter is doing?”

12:14 a.m.- “I wonder what my daughters plans are for the day?”

3:57 p.m.- “I wonder who my daughter is with?”

Dreaming- “My daughter is the most wonderful being in this universe (even when she gets on my nerves).”

You get what I’m saying, right? If you don’t believe me, go ahead and ask your parents how often they think about you a day. It’ll put my explanation to shame.

6. Your parents would do anything if it meant making you happy.

If your parents were on vacation all the way over in Indonesia and you needed them with you, they’d catch the next flight home if it meant making you happy. (Well, they’d at least Skype you). Your happiness is what makes their world spin.

7. They’re the only people whose love and loyalty you’ll never have to question.

No matter how much you trust someone, there’s nobody you can trust more than your parents. They know your social security number, blood type, and most likely, they know your whereabouts at all times. There’s nothing in this world you can’t trust your parents with.

8. Their love for you is one of the strongest loves there is. It’s Christ-like.

John 15:12-13 “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” The way God unequivocally loves his children is the way your parents loves you. Even if you don’t believe in a creator, you know how the story goes. There is no greater love than the love a parent holds for their child.

Leana is a communication major journalism minor at Texas A&M University. She loves writing, food, and keeping herself busy. Leana is an aspiring broadcast journalist and plans on attending law school after receiving her bachelor's.