4 FESTIVE ACTIVITIES TO DO OVER CHRISTMAS BREAK

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

The Christmas season is filled with great music, foods, sights, memories etc. In addition, with Christmas coming up, so is a long, well-deserved break from classes for college students. As relaxing as a break can be, with such a long time off from school, you can find yourself with not much to do. With Christmas and the break closely approaching, here are 4 fun things to do over the holiday break.

1. Make a Holiday dessert

One of my favorite parts of this time of year is the variety of sweets. One of my personal favorites is Christmas Fudge. It is super easy to make and one batch can last you awhile, unless you are like my family who can easily finish one batch in a night, which was extremely enjoyable and is alright too!

2. Drive around and look at Christmas lights and decorations 

I live in a pretty small town. At times, it can lack eventful things to occupy my time. This is the main reason why I love it when people start putting up decorations around town. My friends and I usually put on a good Christmas playlist and drive around town looking at all the houses. It’s such a great way to get into the holiday spirit, and it’s super pretty!

3. Get hot cocoa and go holiday shopping 

Head to the stores for last minute gift ideas, or just get a cup of hot chocolate and look around! A lot of stores restock their shelves for this time of year, so it’s a perfect time to go browse around.

4. Make a Christmas playlist

I absolutely love Christmas music. Find all your favorite holiday songs and put them on one big playlist. Some of my personal favorites are “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey, “Santa Baby” by Michale Buble, “Drummer Boy” by Justin Bieber, and “Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande. If you want to really get into the festive spirit, you can have a karaoke night even if it’s just in your car with your friends or family!

Hannah Hubbard is a Junior communications major at Texas A&M from Angleton, Texas. Reading and writing have always been a big part of her life, which was a leading factor in why she joined Her Campus during her freshman year! She is a second-year member who is a part of the events committee. In the events committee, she organizes social events for members. Hannah has also been a part of the writing and editing committee and has written thirteen articles. Beyond Her Campus, Hannah Is extremely focused on academics. She is a part of the pre-law Society at Texas A&M and hopes to use the organization's opportunities to pursue her future career. Hannah hopes to go to Law school after graduating from Texas A&M to pursue a career in public policy or something similar. She also hopes to be able to publish a book and still incorporate reading and writing into her life for fun. In her free time, Hannah enjoys listening to music, reading, karaoke, drinking matcha, and hanging out with her friends and family. Hannah loves animals and has five dogs, twenty cows, two donkeys, and a cat back home. Her comfort book is “Better Than The Movies” by Lynn Painter, and she recommends it to any fellow avid romance book reader. Hannah also enjoys traveling and hopes to experience more parts of the world one day.