This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Hi there!

Before anything, I wanted to say that I hope you are having a fun and safe spooky season.

Last week I introduced you to the first half of a list of ten horror movies I made with my friends. Today, I’ll be revealing the other five.

Ready? Let’s do this!

Ghost Ship (2002)

This movie is the perfect combination of gore and suspense. There is one scene specifically at the beginning of the film that I have not been able to watch without covering my eyes at least once. The rest of the movie might be less gory but, trust me, it gets scarier by the second. I recommend saving this one for Halloween night.

The Others (2001)

Ok…hear me out, The Others is, without a doubt, one of the most captivating movies I have seen. The storyline keeps you intrigued the whole time and turns you into a detective as you attempt to discover the secret hidden by a small, unconventional family. Trust me, you are up for a treat with this one.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)

I watched this movie with my sister when the quarantine started. Neither of us knew what to expect, and I’ve got to admit we felt confused most of the time, but I think that is what makes this film have a place on this list. Looking for a series of unexpected and suspenseful events, all while watching an autopsy? Then, this is your movie.

13th Ghost (2001)

Now… How could I even begin to describe the greatness of this movie?

Something I always look for in horror movies is a go background story. Those that tell you about the characters’ past and the tragedies that led them to where they are now. Well, this movie has not once but thirteen of them. And, let me tell you, each of these stories is macabrely unique. Overall, 13th Ghost is a film you can’t miss this October!

The Descent (2005)

I know, I know… the title is very confusing. It does not tell you much about the storyline, or genre, or anything, really. But don’t let the simplicity of the title fool you, for this movie is everything but plain. A mixture of gore, predation, emotional trauma and the graphic description of claustrophobia make of this film a perfect addition to your Halloween watchlist. The question is: are you ready to immerse in the twisted events of this movie? Because I am.

Well, we have reached the end of the list. I hope that at least one of these movies caught your attention. If you have a film that you think should be added to this list, you can always contact me. My social media is listed below.

Thank you for reading! Happy watching!

Hello, My name is Brenda. I am a senior student at Texas A&M, majoring in Biomedical Sciences and minoring in Spanish. I have an enormous passion for reading and writing. My favorite books are Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights. I enjoy practicing playing the piano and singing, for I believe music feeds the soul. I consider myself to be the biggest Disney Fan. My favorite movie of all time is Beauty and the Beast, and I dream of becoming a dentist one day.
Hello! I'm a Senior English Major from Texas A&M University, and the current Editor-in-Chief and Co-Correspondent for HC TAMU. At first glance I just seem like a normal gal in her twenties. At second glance... ok yeah nothing changes. Aspiring Science Fiction Author with no time to write. Started from Wattpad, now we're here.