Why I Love To Spend Thanksgiving Break in New York City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

The first time I ever experienced New York during Thanksgiving was back in 2016 

and I always wanted to come back since. 

I have also been in the city during summer time, but there is just something magical about New York during fall and winter season that just draws in many people from around the world. 

The city is already decorated for the Christmas season, including many lights on the streets, the Rockefeller tree, and Christmas trees in the shopping windows. Wherever you go, you can feel the beautiful atmosphere and watch groups of people singing Christmas songs.

There are some of my favorite places that I like to visit while in the city during this time of the year, such as the SAKS Fifth Avenue Light Show (that is definitely a must see when visiting), Winter Village at Bryant Park, or Central Park. 

New York is always alive, but I feel it more during this time of the year.

Last Christmas probably looked different in the city without all the tourists due to Covid-19, but with the travel ban being lifted since the 8th of November, hopefully more people will start to come back and make the city what it used to be again.

Natalie is a sophomore at the University of Tampa, currently as a Journalism major. She is from Prague in the Czech Republic and loves to write, do yoga, travel and explore the city with her friends.