This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Harry Potter was a staple in most people’s childhood. It brought many of our imaginations to life with the elaborate magical world. We were able to put ourselves in the world and envision being with the characters. This is a series that changed all of our lives.

When being immersed within any version of the series, it takes us to a magical place. Reading the books and watching the movies brings you into the world. Many people use it as a form of escapism. It brings them a sense of comfort and a way to deal with their problems. 

Harry Potter came out when we were children. Some people grew up with the characters, while others experienced them when they were kids. In some way or another, we grew up with the characters. Since we are older now, being immersed in the world now brings back a sense of nostalgia.

Harry Potter is so big we can experience it in real life. You can visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and visit Diagon Alley and Hogwarts. It also has a culture around it. Some schools have Quidditch teams, while others take inspiration from the Houses. No matter what you’ll find a little Harry Potter everywhere.

Many generations also enjoy the magical world of Harry Potter. It is something that many generations can relate to. With the books being published in the 90s through the earlier 2000s, it was available to many people. Now the people who were kids when it first came out are having children and raising them on this amazing fantasy world.

I am a freshman at the University of Tampa. I am a finance major at the Sykes College of Business. I am originally from Illinois. I enjoy reading, going to the beach, and hanging out with friends.