This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

By: Olivia Fleming

“To me, fashion is ceaselessly fascinating because it is an expression of self”

Anna Wintour

As the first month of the new year draws to a close, I wanted to reflect on some of the fashion trend predictions for 2024. My feed has been filled with content about what trends we can expect in the coming months. So, what can we expect to see people wearing in 2024? Let’s get into it! 

I’ve been seeing leopard print trending all over my Pinterest and TikTok. I don’t think leopard print has ever gone out of style, and it’s a great way to elevate an outfit. It’s such a timeless print and gives your look a touch of personality. The color red is super popular right now, specifically pops of red to an outfit. I’ve been loving to pair leopard print with red. Together, the combination is just perfection. Some style inspiration could be pairing a pair of leopard print pants with a red ballet flat and a basic black top. 

Girlcore has been everywhere recently: ribbons, bows, rosettes, and ruffles galore. I think 2024 is going to be the year of taking bigger risks when it comes to styling. The “clean girl aesthetic” was a huge trend in 2023, but I’m looking forward to seeing a more maximalist style. I have loved the rosette chokers to accessorize. It adds a unique and girly touch to the look.

Who says sequins are only for New Year’s Eve? I want to know why we aren’t wearing sequins throughout the year. Sequins are so fun to play with in fashion, and I think we should add more sparkle to our wardrobes. Who doesn’t love a good sequin clutch? The edginess gives the perfect amount of spice to elevate an outfit. For a dinner date or night out, sequins are definitely going to be your go-to.

Let’s talk about shoes. I was always a sneaker girl, and recently, I’ve been loving kitten heels and pointed-toe shoes. I know. Who would’ve thought? I’ve finally matured and come to the realization that the dirty air forces were ruining my outfits. I just bought a pair of sparkly silver pointed-toe kitten heels, and they are my current obsession. Paired with a good pair of jeans and a leather jacket-you’ll be the talk of the town. 

Here’s my hot take: I love mixing metals. I’ve been loving mixing silver and gold jewelry over the past couple of months. I was always told it was illegal in fashion to wear both metals together. I’ve gone back and forth with silver and gold jewelry over the years, and it was a hassle trying to find pieces I liked in either silver or gold. Why not just wear both? I think the metals complement each other, and I love accessorizing with jewelry, so the more, the merrier! 

Olivia Fleming is a writer for the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. Her articles cover fashion, pop culture and the entertainment industry. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a current junior at The University of Tampa studying journalism, advertising and public relations. She holds the alumnae chair position in her sorority, Sigma Delta Tau. She also writes for UT's newsletter, The Minaret. She is currently working at Evolve & Co. as a social media management intern and loves every minute of it. She enjoys spending time with friends, shopping, and exploring different cities. You can find Olivia working at Buddy Brew Coffee in Armature Works! She loves to try different coffee shops to sit down and crank out some work. Her dream job would be to work in the fashion industry writing for a magazine.