What I’m Looking Forward to over Summer in Prague

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Since we are slowly getting closer to summer break, I have already thought about what I will want to do and see over the summer back in my hometown. 

These are some of the things I look forward to and cannot wait to do:

Visit my family and friends

This one is probably obvious, but who does not miss their loved ones while at college. Especially when being separated for a long time and being far away.

Eat more Czech food

Something that I sometimes really miss when being in college is traditional Czech food and my mum’s cooking. After these few months, you really do get sick of the campus food after a while.

Wander around the city

Going for walks around the historical buildings and parks in Prague and sitting down with a drink or ice cream is just perfect. I cannot wait to attend more outdoor summer cinemas or festivals, go for drives with my friends and travel around. 

Explore the nature

The Czech Republic has breathtaking nature, which is where I like to go each summer. I usually go for a bike ride with my family or hiking around the forest. My sister and I also sometimes like to go horseback riding as well.

Go travel

I’m really looking forward to traveling to Italy this year. I have always been in love with this place, and I can’t wait to travel with my family again and bring our dog along with us!

Natalie is a sophomore at the University of Tampa, currently as a Journalism major. She is from Prague in the Czech Republic and loves to write, do yoga, travel and explore the city with her friends.