The Bachelor Season 28: Why I think Joey Is Going to Propose to Daisy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

While watching season twenty-eight of The Bachelor, there are two candidates that a majority of viewers are rooting for. Maria Georgas and Daisy Kent stand out as the women with the best connection to the bachelor, Joey Graziadei. Both of these women are beautiful and charming, and it is clear that Joey is drawn to them. It seems that Joey saved the best one-on-one dates for these women, as he took them on a helicopter ride and planned dates filled with romance. But in the end, Joey can only propose to one woman, and Joey will choose Daisy over Maria.

Joey experienced an emotional rollercoaster when he was on season twenty of The Bachelorette, after proposing to Charity Lawson but being met with heartbreak of her choosing another man. This has made Joey very sensitive and timid when it comes to putting his heart on the line. He so desperately wants to find his person, with no other obstacles. Even though he is infatuated with Maria, she is more of a wild card. In an episode during season twenty-eight, Joey says, “She is going to keep me on my toes,” when referring to Maria. Daisy, on the other hand, has a gentle, calming nature that I think Joey will gravitate to after having so much unknown in his love life.

From a production point of view, it also makes more sense to keep Maria as a future bachelorette. Social media has been going wild in support of Maria, and “Maria for Bachelorette” has been trending. Maria is likable but also entertaining, which makes her the perfect candidate for the next bachelorette. Maria has also had the most screen time out of all the other women this season, which has helped the audience form a connection with her. This will draw more viewers to her season of The Bachelorette if that theory is to come true.

In the end, Joey has already made his choice of a fiance, so regardless of what viewers want, the end of the season is already set in stone. My hope for Joey is that he finds love and happiness with whoever he chooses, and he has a stable relationship after a long and grueling search for love.

Caroline Schaaf is a Her Campus writer who focuses on wellness and pop culture topics. She is from Grand Rapids Michigan.