This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.
  1. Oppenheimer: Not only was this one of the best movies I had seen this summer, but it was also one the best movies I’ve ever seen. This movie incorporated so many intriguing cinematic elements and storylines that I truly believed it to be the ultimate viewing experience. The hype around this movie made my anticipation very high, but it was also quite necessary, given how excellent it was. I believe that the film’s directorial style and many of the distinctive directorial elements made it quite interesting for viewers. I thought the film incorporated many intriguing characters and character development, as well as life stories of some of these historical figures and events that also illustrate the truth about the events of the war and those responsible for the bombing. Prior to seeing this movie, I never really knew all that much about it. I learned a lot about notable individuals from this era and how they contributed to some of the most significant historical events. 
  1. Barbie: Barbie was one of the best movies I had watched in a while, and I was looking forward to seeing this film, knowing that Greta Gerwig would be directing it. Barbie was undoubtedly a different experience from Oppenheimer because it was light-hearted and upbeat, and I dressed up in an all pink outfit to go see it. Though it was a film that was comedic, I believe this movie also included a number of important themes, which I believe made it particularly special for girls who watched. Although I believe that some of the themes of female empowerment provided a specific appeal to girls who could identify with some of the concepts portrayed, this movie was undoubtedly designed for anyone, boys or girls, and of all ages. The fact that this film dealt with important topics like feminism, beauty standards, independence, and the empowerment of both men and women made it incredibly appealing to me. I also thought the movie’s visuals were outstanding, which greatly enhanced the viewing experience.
  1. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Due to the unique imagery depicted, this movie also offered a fantastic visual experience. The new distinctive characters in the movie were also fun to see and made it very entertaining to watch. There was also a lot of action throughout the film that made it really appealing. This movie, in my opinion, paved the way for how advanced animated films are now. The utilization of so many varied colors, patterns, and flashing lights, as well as the spectacular visual effects, made this movie’s visuals stand out.
  1. The Little Mermaid: In contrast to some of the criticism of this movie, I thought it was a very enjoyable experience to watch in a cinema. I believe the unique spin on the original Little Mermaid makes this Disney production quite engaging to watch. Additionally, I find it fascinating that they paid tribute to the old movie while adapting this movie into a new live-action version. Not only did Halle Bailey, who played Ariel, do an excellent job at playing Ariel, but several of the songs even sounded better than they did in the original recordings because of her incredible voice.
  1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: I am a big fan of Marvel films, and my favorite out of the franchise has to be the Guardians of the Galaxy films. I was really excited when the third film was released in theaters. This film had a lot of humorous elements and outstanding visuals, especially when it came to the advanced CG, which made it quite interesting to watch. These movies are distinctive from the other Marvel films because they incorporate a lot of modern music into them to entice audiences. Additionally, I think this movie had a much more dramatic side than the previous Guardians of the Galaxy movies, which made it more interesting to follow various character arcs.
Taylor Quinn is a social media manager and writer for Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She is part of the social media team who posts regularly for Her Campus events and updates as well as engaging with viewers and followers. Her articles cover a variety of subjects, including pop culture, entertainment, and lifestyle topics. Taylor is a sophomore at the University of Tampa who is majoring in both Film and Communications, Media, and Culture. She has worked on numerous student film sets and is currently a member of a number of clubs at the University of Tampa, including Tampa's Cru, a religious organization, and being a student mentor to incoming freshmen. Taylor is from Kansas City, Missouri and enjoys exploring big cities, watching movies playing her guitar, listening to music, and adventuring new places.