This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Self Care Tips For Busy College Students

College can be some of the most stressful years of our lives. College students become super busy with difficult course loads, extracurriculars, and navigating the real adult world. Developing healthy coping mechanisms is essential for college students’ mental and physical health. Below are some super easy and convenient self-care tips for college students who always find themselves on the go!

Have a movie night—but for yourself!

Movie nights are super fun and relaxing—but sometimes they’re the best when you’re all alone! Staying in by yourself on a weekend night and ordering some delicious take-out can be one of the best ways to relax and unwind! Plus, spending time alone is so important, especially when you’re constantly surrounded by people.

Go for a walk

If you’re not big on working out but trying to get some more exercise, going for walks is the right answer for you! While also listening to soothing music or a podcast, going for a walk can help you clear your head and get some mild exercise!

Take a long, hot shower

Taking super long showers can be one of the best forms of self-care. The steam from the shower can help release stress and other toxins. Just turn on the shower super hot, turn on your favorite playlist, and your set for a super relaxing time!

Organize your things

Living in a clean, organized environment can help reduce stress and improve your quality of living. Organizing your things may seem annoying and boring, but once you’re finished, you will feel so accomplished and put together. Spend a few hours each week organizing and cleaning your living area, and your mental and physical health will start to flourish!