This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Want to listen to a podcast but don’t know where to start? 

If you’re into more lighthearted podcasts like me, keep reading! 

I like to listen to podcasts that make me feel like I’m having a conversation with my friends. I never thought I’d say this, but I listen to podcasts to take a mental break from whatever chaos is happening in my life. Before I tried listening to podcasts, I didn’t understand why people liked them so much. I figured all podcasts consisted of motivational-type conversations and not lighthearted chats. 

These podcasts fall under the lighthearted chat category for me. Here are some of my favorites:

The Broski Report with Brittany Broski

Brittany Broski is one of my favorite internet celebrities ever. She never fails to keep it real. She is one of the most relatable “tik tokers” I’ve come across – and I love her for it! 

If you love chatting with your friends for hours about random topics, you’ll love Brittany’s podcast! Trust me! 

The BFFs Podcast with Dave Portnoy, Josh Richards, and Brianna Chickenfry

Dave Portnoy is a widely known businessman and internet personality. He started BFFs with Josh Richards, a 21-year-old internet celebrity. Brianna Chickenfry joined later on. The three of them make great entertainment. Josh and Brianna are often explaining celebrity gossip to Dave, who wants to be more “in the know” with younger audiences. Due to the age differences between Dave, Josh, and Brianna, their conversations are always hilarious. This unlikely trio talks about all things pop culture and whatever the recent hot celebrity gossip is. 

Brooke and Connor Make a Podcast

Brooke Averick and Connor Wood are best friends and TikTokers. Their podcast consists of personal stories, going over celebrity gossip, and their opinions about life. These two make a great podcast for someone who loves to chat about almost anything and everything. They often have the most random conversations ever – and they never fail to be incredibly entertaining. 

Murder Mystery and Makeup with Bailey Sarian 

Bailey Sarian talks all things murder mystery on her podcast, and she does it while putting on a full face of makeup! I love watching/listening to Bailey Sarian when I’m doing my makeup too. For this podcast, I usually also watch the video that goes with it to see Bailey complete her makeup routine, all while hearing her talk about the latest murder mystery. If you like true crime and makeup, you’ll love Bailey’s podcast!  

Cassidy Connor is a writer for Her Campus at the University of Tampa chapter. She mainly writes about entertainment, including movies, music, books, and television shows. Cassidy is currently a senior at the University of Tampa with a major in Communication, Media & Culture, and a minor in Law, Justice & Advocacy. In her free time, Cassidy enjoys watching tv shows and movies. If she’s not binging a television show, she’s most likely binging a book series. Cassidy loves hanging out with her friends, meeting new people, and deep diving (probably a little too far) into celebrity culture and gossip.