Nostalgic Halloween Movies You Should Watch This October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Now that we’re in the Fall season, it’s officially almost Halloween! During the whole month of October, I try to watch a few Halloween movies. I like watching Halloween movies that are nostalgic and remind me of when I was younger! If you’re looking for some spooky movies to watch this October, look no further! 

Here’s a list of some of my favorites: 

Halloweentown

Do I even have to explain this one? If you haven’t seen Halloweentown, what are you doing?? I used to watch this movie every Halloween growing up. Watching it now brings back so many memories. 

Ghostbusters

The iconic Ghostbusters song alone gets me excited for Halloween. Ghostbusters will always be one of the best movies ever. Watching it around Halloween just makes it extra special. 

Monster House

I LOVED this movie as a kid. I remember watching it all the time. Eventually, I realized how creepy it is and stopped watching it. As an adult, it’s still equally as creepy… but I can handle it now! I think… 

Fun Size

Does anyone else remember this movie? I feel like it’s just me… I had this movie on DVD and would watch it all the time, but when I bring it up to people, they have no clue what I’m talking about. 

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I know what you’re probably thinking… Diary of a Wimpy Kid is not a Halloween movie. I know! But there is a scene in it that takes place on Halloween, and I used to watch it every year, so it just reminds me of Fall.

I also just need an excuse to watch this movie for the millionth time. 

Cassidy Connor is a writer for Her Campus at the University of Tampa chapter. She mainly writes about entertainment, including movies, music, books, and television shows. Cassidy is currently a senior at the University of Tampa with a major in Communication, Media & Culture, and a minor in Law, Justice & Advocacy. In her free time, Cassidy enjoys watching tv shows and movies. If she’s not binging a television show, she’s most likely binging a book series. Cassidy loves hanging out with her friends, meeting new people, and deep diving (probably a little too far) into celebrity culture and gossip.