This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

To mark the end of Women’s History Month, I think it’s fitting to celebrate some rising female artists you might love. From hyper-pop to ultra-feminine and nostalgic instrumentals, these women are crafting their sounds to perfection and quickly gaining traction in the music industry.

Coco & Clair Clair: This hyper-pop duo from Atlanta has been collaborating for over a decade, but has recently gained a lot of attention. You might recognize their song, “Pretty” from Tiktok. Their new album, “Sexy,” was released at the end of last year and has amassed many positive reviews from publications like Pitchfork and The New Yorker. My favorite songs from their discography are “Pop Star” and “Crushcrushcrush.” I would absolutely recommend giving them a listen this spring.

Tommy Genesis: Tommy Genesis is a self-proclaimed “fetish rapper” who recently appeared on Lana Del Rey’s new song, “Peppers.” Her music will be a perfect fit for your summer playlist, and you might already be familiar with her songs “a woman is a god” and “Tommy,” which have both become popular on Tiktok.

Ha Vay: I found this ethereal angel on Tiktok (@angeldreamgirl) and fell in love with her music. She is reminiscent of Lana Del Rey, Zella Day, and Mazzy Star, and makes perfect music for when you want to romanticize life. She has a pretty diverse discography, but my favorites are “the prettier the girl,” “Ode to the Party Girl” and “Clementine Sting.”

Lizzy McAlpine: This list wouldn’t be complete without Miss Lizzy McAlpine. Although she isn’t entirely new to the industry, she has recently gained a lot of attention for her song “Ceilings” in a way that has been reminiscent of Olivia Rodrigo’s rise to fame with “Drivers License.” Her album, “five seconds flat,” was released last year, and she is now on tour for it. 

PinkPantheress: You might know PinkPantheress from her songs, “Pain” or “Boy’s a liar Pt. 2” with Ice Spice. She has been known to sample her music from the 90s and early 2000s tracks and describes her sound as “new nostalgia.” She has become popular on Tiktok over the last few months and is absolutely an artist to watch for this coming year. My favorite song from her discography is “Where you are (feat. WILLOW)”.

Jessie is a Music Technology major at the University of Tampa. She loves to write about music, spirituality, entertainment, cooking, and astrology. Outside of Her Campus, she is pursuing her career in the music industry and works with Grammy U and Women In Music. (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ♥