This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

When it comes to movies, A24 knows exactly what they’re doing. As an indie production company, it’s incredible to see how many blockbusters they consistently put out. Their projects never fail to amaze and perplex audiences, no matter the genre. As a self-proclaimed film buff, my love for A24 will never die, so here are my top five favorite films from the company.

5. Bodies Bodies Bodies (2022)

When you think of A24, you typically think of the classic artsy horror films. However, from time to time, they make really fun films. Bodies Bodies Bodies is a murder mystery thrill ride. It’s absolutely hilarious and entertaining from beginning to end. The dynamics between all the characters are so realistic you can essentially see your entire friend group in the exact situation. When you need something fun from A24 that isn’t too much of a think piece or gets you too shaken up, watch Bodies Bodies Bodies (2022) for a good time.

4. Beau is Afraid (2023)

After seeing this movie and walking out of the theater, I was in shock. I was completely and utterly speechless, and my brain could not think of one thought. I genuinely could not believe what I had just seen. But I swear it’s all in a good way. This entire film was a rollercoaster of emotions that predictions cannot be made of the next course of action during a scene. Joaquin Phoenix’s performance was so incredibly powerful I felt I was going through all of the events with him. My eyes never left the screen, and my heart never stopped beating out of my chest. There’s truly nothing better than a film that makes you feel everything.

3. Hereditary (2018)

I remember seeing Hereditary (2018) for the first time, and after finishing the movie, I was petrified. This is truly a masterful piece from Ari Aster. Every element of the film was so expertly crafted, that your eyes can’t be torn away. The imagery is both so gruesome but so fascinating you become so invested. Plus, Toni Colette’s performance deserves to be awarded in every single way. A masterpiece, all within 2 hours.

2. The Florida Project (2017)

I recently rewatched this film, and it never fails to amaze me in terms of its narrative and the acting. The story is so compelling because of its realism that you can’t help but become so invested in these characters as if you know them yourself. The performance from Brooklynn Prince, who plays Moonee, is so powerful it’s like she’s your own child. When it comes to the feeling of empathy, this film encompasses and evokes it within its audience. Sometimes, it’s the stories that are so real that make the best cinematic pieces.

1. Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022)

This movie, without a doubt, is one of the best films I have ever seen in my entire life. It truly is a plethora of not only emotions, but also genres, costuming, and everything under the sun. The storyline is so incredibly compelling, especially to those who can relate to the generational trauma aspect of the narrative. However it’s so entertaining at the same time to reduce the melancholy of the story. I feel so transported every time I watch this film; I feel like I’m getting sucked into the bagel. It is an absolute display of A24’s artistic and masterful crafting of cinema.

Kaila DeJesus is a writer for Her Campus at the University of Tampa Chapter. Covering mainly entertainment in her articles, Kaila writes on an array of topics from film and television recommendations to internet culture. Her writing centers around multiple forms of media, the modern lives of college students, and pop culture. Beyond being a writer for Her Campus, Kaila is also a sophomore at the University of Tampa. Currently majoring in Film and Media Arts, she hopes to pursue a career in film journalism. She hopes to become a journalistic film critic post-graduation. While enrolled full-time at the university, Kaila is also a part-time sales associate for Vans under the parent VF Corporation. In her free time, Kaila enjoys watching movies, keeping up with pop culture, and vinyl record shopping. Enjoying the "older" hobbies such as record collecting, Kaila loves going to her local movie theater to watch a movie over streaming. She spends most of her free time hanging out with her friends, writing reviews for films on Letterboxd, and rewatching her favorite sitcoms multiple times. Kaila also enjoys attending the concerts of some of her favorite artists such as Taylor Swift, Phoebe Bridgers, and SZA.