This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

I am so ready for school to be over and for it to be summer. I crave the ability to go outside every day without having to go to class. I wish I was driving around my state with my friend blasting music or sitting out on the patio furniture and reading a book. Since my mind has been occupied for the summer, I already have a list of my summer songs. 

1. Catch Fire by 5 Seconds of Summer
  2. Bad Omens by 5 Seconds of Summer
  3. Green Green Grass by George Ezra
  4. Budapest by George Ezra
  5. Wild Heart by The Vamps
  6. Black Magic by Little Mix
  7. Take My Hand by 5 Seconds of Summer
  8. Steal My Girl by One Direction
  9. Starting Line by Luke Hemmings
  10. Strong by One Direction
  11. Girls Talk Boys by 5 Seconds of Summer
  12. HAZE by 5 Seconds of Summer
  13. Flatline by 5 Seconds of Summer
  14. San Francisco by 5 Seconds of Summer
  15. Everything I Didn’t Say by 5 Seconds of Summer
  16. Long Way Home by 5 Seconds of Summer
  17. I Ain’t Worried by OneRepublic
  18. Rise by Jonas Blue, Jack & Jack
  19. Summer of ‘69 by Bryan Adams
  20. Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts

School ends in about 7 weeks, and it can’t come soon enough. Obviously, 5 Seconds of Summer rules my Spotify, but some of their songs are perfect for screaming in the car with the windows down. So, the countdown to summer full of music begins now.

Maggie Twomey is the student government representative at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She mainly writes articles that cover entertainment and experiences. Outside of HerCampus, Maggie is a junior at the University of Tampa, majoring in Elementary Education. She has worked as a summer camp counselor in the past for grades third, fourth, and fifth and is currently interning at schools in the Tampa area. Maggie enjoys traveling, reading, and painting in her free time. Usually Maggie finds herself reading or listening to a book. You will find that when Maggie is reading she always has a fantasy novel in her hand.