Motivation Monday: 7 Coach Taylor Quotes to Get You Through the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Listen to me, I said you need to strive to be better than everyone else. I didn’t say you need to be better, but you gotta try. That’s what character is. It’s in the try”

There is always room for improvement. Never stop trying to better yourself. Like Coach Taylor said, you don’t have to be the best, but you need to try every day to be the best you, you can be.

You listen to people that love you and you listen to people that you trust. Most of all, you listen to yourself.”

Your friends and family always have your back when it comes to anything. But don’t forget to trust yourself and know that you can handle anything that is thrown at you. You know yourself better than anyone else. Don’t be afraid to go with your gut.

You give 110% all the time, not just when you feel like it.”

You’re not going to get anywhere in life if you don’t give it your all. So go out there and show the world what you’re made of. 

Every man at some point in his life is gonna lose a battle. He’s gonna fight and he’s gonna lose. But what makes him a man, is that in the midst of the battle he does not lose himself”

You cannot be afraid of failure. Failure is inevitable. You can’t get lost in your failure. It does not define you.

You get one chance in life fellas, you can either take advantage of it, or you can piss it away. You do the latter, and you’re going to regret it for the rest of your lives.”

As Wayne Gretzky said, “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Go out there and take chances. Go outside of your comfort zone. Do something that you wouldn’t normally do. You never know what might happen if you don’t try.

“We will all at some point in our lives fall. Life is so very fragile, we are all vulnerable and we will all at some point, in our lives fall, we will all fall. We must carry this in our hearts, that what we have is special, that it can be taken from us. We will be tested. We will be tested to our very souls. We will all be tested. It is in theses times, it is in this pain, that allows us to look inside ourselves.”

We do not know who we truly are until we push ourselves to our own breaking point. In this breaking point we learn what we are made of. Everyone is going to do something that is going to break him or her. Don’t let it kill you. You will survive. You will be ok.

“Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.”

Coach Taylor’s most popular quote is a motto to live by. If you have a enough focus, and enough heart and dedication, you can do achieve anything you want.  

Source: 1, 2, 3

Aurora O'Brien is a Junior at the University of Tampa majoring in Elementary Education. Born and raised in Boston, MA she came to Tampa to escape the snow and the cold. When she is not writing for HerCampus, you can find her binge watching Netflix, listening to everything and anything that has to do with country music, and dreaming of one day marrying Taylor Kitsch, aka Tim Riggins. A die hard Boston sports fan, she spends her time watching the Red Sox and the Bruins. No matter how far life takes her, she will always love that dirty water, and Boston will always be her home.