This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

A habit is a routine behavior that is repeated on a regular basis. There is no set time for how long it takes for you to learn a new habit. When learning a new habit various factors must be determined like the reward value, if you are taking part in the habit every day, and your pre-existing habits. I believe the best time to incorporate new habits into your life is through your morning routine. Morning routines set the basis of your day so why not have a productive one. Start off small then you will begin to see yourself grow. Here are some morning habits that have transformed my life and have made me a more positive and motivated individual. 

1. Waking up at the same time every day:

This is always the first step people are told when they are trying to get better sleep. Waking up at a consistent time not only increases bodily functions but also reinforces our circadian rhythm which are the cycles our bodies go through in 24 hours. 

1. Making my bed as soon as I wake up:

This helps me to start off my day motivated because I feel as though I have already accomplished something. This then will encourage you to do another task and another and another. 

1. Journaling:

Journaling is by far my favorite part of my morning routine. It allows me to express my feelings, organize my thoughts, and set my intentions and goals for the day. I mainly take this time to express gratitude and write down my daily affirmations. 

1. Daily walks:

Not only are daily walks beneficial for maintaining a healthy weight and cardiovascular strength, but they are an amazing mood enhancer and energy booster. This is also a great way to spend time in nature which is a known antidote for lowering stress and reducing anxiety. 

Madison Loscalzo is Vice President and Head of Social Media for Her Campus at The University of Tampa. She plans and designs social media posts for the Instagram and TikTok. Madison also communicates and assists with organizing events and meetings. Madison is an advertising and public relations creative major with a minor in film and media. Madison does freelance photography and videography. While also being a content creator for Academic Studies Abroad and University of Tampa Communication Department. Madison enjoys writing articles about travel, lifestyle, and holiday activities. In her free time she does pilates, spends time outdoors, and volunteers as a foster mom for puppies.