Lana Del Rey is Finishing up her Tour, and This is Why you Should Care.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

After the release of Lana Del Rey’s album, Did you know that there is a tunnel under Ocean Blvd, she announced her 2023 tour in August. The tour lasts from September to October, and not only is the tour short, but the locations are only on the East Coast, specifically lesser-visited, southern states, which has left many fans disappointed. This marks her 9th studio album, and the show included a mix of all her most popular songs. Even with the late notice of the concert dates, plenty of fans arrive early and with carefully planned outfits that fit the feminine, ethereal look that Lana Del Rey is known for.

Lana Del Rey did her first show in Tampa and played “Florida Kilos” for the first time since 2018 after fans eagerly requested it. After singing the song the first time, Del Rey apologized to fans about not practicing the song and promised to come back and “nail ‘Florida Kilos’.” This left fans excited about the prospect of another concert in the future. 19 songs were played in the 2-hour concert, with the use of a swing covered in flowers during her performance of “Video Games,” which has become a fan-favorite throughout the tour. 

This has been a strong year for female artists, with tours from Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, SZA, and now Lana Del Rey. Why is that a big deal? Seeing the success of multiple female artists inspires girls to be ambitious about their goals, and seeing successful women becomes more of a normal occurrence. Now, while these concerts may be a problem for broke college students— aka me— the long-term effect of women touring will be beneficial to young girls everywhere.

My name is Amanda and I am currently a Freshman at the University of Tampa and a new member at Her Campus. I’m from Orlando, Florida and played volleyball for 8 years and have traveled a lot so, most of my articles will focus on that interest. I study journalism at the University of Tampa and look forward to writing on topics that interest me. I do not have much experience so this will be a great learning opportunity. A fun fact about me is that I’m a twin, and I have four pets back at home. I have a lot of experience fostering kittens and with volunteer work. I also love to cook and bake. I can’t wait to meet new people and share my articles with everyone!