This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

First, I like to start off by looking at my canvas to see my classes and read through the syllabuses. After that, I would like to use either Notion or Excel to create an assignment schedule. On Notion, you can also take notes for your classes and make a real schedule, but it does take a lot of time and work; I prefer Excel. For Excel, there are tons of easy step-by-step tutorials, and the only tedious part is typing up all of your assignments. After getting organized, I like to research all of the materials I need for class so I’m prepared to start assignments. Then, I will start any upcoming assignments and start reading my textbooks. Of course, the academic part is important, but so are the activities you are a part of. Since I have a position in my sorority, I started planning the events I’m holding by creating shirt designs, creating posts and flyers, and coming up with ideas for the days I have events. Additionally, since I’m on Her Campus, I planned out some potential articles that I’d like to create for this upcoming semester. Besides all of my extracurriculars, my friendships are really important to me, and just because the semester ended doesn’t mean those friendships had to. As soon as I arrived back on campus, I messaged my friends, my big and my prospective little, and worked out times that we could see each other. This could be sharing a meal, grabbing Starbucks, doing work together, or just hanging out. Lastly, I made some new goals for this semester that I intend to achieve, such as making more new friends in my classes, playing a more active role in my sorority as well as in Greek Life, and making time for myself and the hobbies I didn’t have time for last semester.

Haley Drury is a member and a part of the Social Media Team at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She writes articles. Her articles cover lifestyle topics focusing on books and the college experience. Outside of Her Campus, Haley is a sophomore at the University of Tampa, majoring in Marketing and minoring in Digital Media. She is currently ANAD Coordinater for her sorority Delta Phi Epsilon. Haley enjoys reading, film, and going to the gym in her downtime. She is often lost in a book and will stay up all night to finish it. Haley is probably rewatching or rereading the After series or looking for the latest installment or arguing how #teamJeremiah is the only team that matters.