This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

If you have been active on any social media since 2015, you know that this time of year is known as Cuffing Season. For those who don’t know, Cuffing Season is the time of the year where Friends with Benefits turn to situationships, and situationships turn to relationships. It’s time to update your dating profile and be your most confident self in any bar or club. 

I love to hear the stories of my friends meeting their amazing significant others during this time of the year. The cutesy fall-esque dates they plan, scrambling for a sentimental holiday gift, and most importantly (and maybe most intimidating) telling your family and close friends of their existence. You can do a soft launch and bring them up every once in a while, mentioning that you’re getting closer. You could also do a hard launch by just posting them on your socials with zero context as if everyone already knew; gotta keep everyone on their toes! 

Cuffing season is hard and definitely not for everyone. Make sure you’re taking care of yourself first! Unfortunately, cuffing season also falls into the same time seasonal depression kicks in. If it isn’t for you, be honest with yourself and your partner. Take time for yourself and your friends. That honeymoon phase gets old quickly, and you don’t want to feel trapped. Finally, be smart, be safe, and use protection! 

See where those FWBs, situationships, and relationships take you!

Hi! This is Jillian (but she really prefers to be called Jilly or Jill) from the University of Tampa. Jilly grew up right outside of Boston, Massachusetts. Jilly is an education major with a double minor in political science and leadership studies. She enjoys baking, ice cream, reading, and jamming to music with her friends. She's totally a dog person but has a special spot in her heart for cats. Jilly plans to teach the 3rd or 4th grade with hopes of instilling a love of learning in future generations.