The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We all have that one friend whose makeup bag is overflowing, but instead of overflowing with products, why not just keep the essentials? As a makeup lover myself, I, too, am guilty of having a surplus of makeup in my makeup bag. Today, I am going to cover the top five products I don’t leave the house with or ever take out of my bag. 

My first must-have is the Dry Bar Detox Dry Shampoo. I NEVER leave the house without this dry shampoo! It is the perfect everyday pick-me-up when your hair is oily, especially when dealing with college water. You can buy the travel size for only $13.00; you can buy this at Ulta, Sephora, or the Dry Bar store itself. 

Another of my faves is the Super Goop tinted sunscreen. This is especially perfect if you live in a warmer state. I love love love this product, as it adds the perfect glow to my skin while protecting my face from harmful UV rays. This is a double threat, as it can be considered a skincare and lightweight makeup product. This is the best everyday product, especially if you like a natural, low-effort makeup look.

The Benefit Eyebrow Gel is another essential that is a must in your makeup bag. This product provides the perfect feathered and fluffy brow. This is one of my personal favorites that I keep in my car, school bag, and makeup bag. Benefit has been one of my favorite brands for a while now, and this product is top-tier. It doesn’t feel heavy on your face, but it keeps your brows in place. This look can give off that vanilla girl aesthetic or clean girl makeup look.

Milk Makeup has always been an item I reach for first on the beauty shelves, but their top beauty product would have to be the Glow Oil Lip and Cheek. This Makeup product is not only lightweight, but it provides that perfect sunkissed glow to your cheeks and lips. It lays perfectly on top of any base and provides that beautiful glow from within. There are many shades to choose from that are unique to each person and their preferences. I have rebought this product for probably three years now, and it never gets old. It’s a timeless staple that you need in your bag. 

Lastly, my all-time favorite is the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in the Shade Pillow Talk. This product has been a top purchase of mine for a while. It gives the perfect pink fill and outline to your lips. The pencil itself is a very creamy formula that is easily applicable to any makeup user. Charlotte Tilbury products have been blowing up like crazy all over social media, but this is one of the best beauty products the brand has created, in my opinion. I’ve recommended this product time and time again to my friends, and they all love it. 

Makeup is such a fun, creative concept to be able to have fun with and experiment with. Practice makes perfect in the world of beauty. My makeup skills, compared to how they were three years ago till today, have evolved substantially. I’ve had so many favorites over the years, but these products take the cake!

Brooke Le Mense is currently a new member and apart of the marketing team for the Her Campus Tampa Chapter. She writes mainly on the topics of lifestyle, wellness, beauty, fashion, seasonal trends, and travel. Beyond Her Campus, Brooke is a freshman at The University of Tampa, majoring in marketing. Brooke is currently working at a local tanning salon where she spends most of her time producing sales and marketing for the company. She obtains a certification from "Parsons The New School," in New York for a fashion design and PR marketing background class. Brooke enjoys working out, writing, and hanging out with friends in her free time. She finds her favorite activity to be going on a beach day trip, or a road trip with her friends. Brooke is always on top of the latest fashion trends, and seeking out new pieces to style and put together.