Featured Organization: Rx Factor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Rx Factor is an on-campus organization that promotes awareness and educates about prescription drug abuse and the safety of prescription drugs. Rx Factor is a part of multiple Live Well initiatives at UT. Through community collaboration, Rx Factor hopes to encourage the UT population to change this growing epidemic of drug abuse and ultimately reduce the negative consequences of prescription drug use and even save lives. The President of Rx Factor is Junior Zoe Paarlberg, a Public Health major from Maine. Zoe says “With Rx Factor I hope to help students understand the dangers of prescription drug abuse. I don’t think a lot of people realize how easy it is to abuse drugs and how severe the consequences can be.”

Upcoming events for Rx Factor include the following:

– “Study Rx Free” Campaign (10/12-10/16 & mid Dec.)
– Energii Expo (10/23)
– Movie Night with Disjointed, another Live Well organization (11/06)
And much more!

Meetings are Wednesday nights at 8pm in HSHP 110. If you have any questions or are interested in joining Rx Factor, contact Zoe Paarlberg at zoe.paarlberg@spartans.ut.edu

You can also check out the Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/rxfactorut

Ashley is a third year student at the University of Tampa in sunny Florida. The three things she can't live without? Puppies, coffee, and pizza.