This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

When it comes to DIYs, Pinterest offers tons of great costume ideas. And really, who doesn’t want to be crafty?  I think we all share that little gapping hole in our hearts where we just want to bring out our crafty, creative and cute side every once in a while; especially during Halloween. Well, its Halloween time ladies–so lets get to it!

I think one of the best ways to go out and have a good time is knowing that you did not spend a lot of money on your Halloween costume, but you still look hot.  There have been many of times where I have found things in my closet and just said f*** it.  For example, a cat costume really only requires black leggings, a black tank top or a black dress.  I mean, you also need cat ears and a tail, which I doubt you have in your closet, unless you’re kinky like that, but they are a small price to pay in comparison to a whole costume.  Another example of a good costume where you do not really need to buy much for is a Greek Goddess.  If you are going to a Toga party you can show up in your best Greek goddess costume.  All you really need for a toga costume is a sheet (any color really) or a white dress with anything gold! Something like a gold belt or gold jewelry to spice it up!

Source. 

Another really cool DIY costume project that is very popular is the 50 shades of grey costume.  This is popular now because of the books, and the movie is coming out soon (seriously, who is playing Christian Gray?!), and it’s very easy to recreate.  All you need are paint swatches.  That’s it.  Who doesn’t want to wear a bra, underwear and paint swatches? Come on.  It’s as easy as 1,2,3 paint-chip-me.

Source. 

This next costume is all a girl wants, and all a girl needs.  This Victoria Secret bag is literally so cute, people may ask for YOU for Christmas. Just take a regular box, cut both the back and front to be the same size, and painted the box with the famous VS colors. Next, buy some different shades of pink tissue paper, and tape them to the inside of the box. To finish it off, add a ribbon to the outside to make a handle, as well as some to make straps to fit over your shoulders and hold your costume in place.

Source. 

Not only is DIY more affordable, but it’s also fun to create your own costumes and know that you took the time in making it. Let’s get crafting!